Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I recently filed a report online to the nspcc anonymously, I

I recently filed a report online to the nspcc anonymously, I submitted it 2 or 3 times as I got an error message.The person who it was about guessed its me, has bombarded me with texts and trying to ring me, says her husband has rung police saying its harassment, and its been classed as malicious,although I did it with good intent.Has text me saying the police will get my ip address from nspcc and im going to be arrested. I thought I was anonymous and my ip is protected under the data protection act, I have rung the nspcc who state I am anonymous, is she right with regards ***** ***** my details from my ip address im so scared

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

But the person does not know it is you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No she is just guessing we have history ,and she reported me for harassment some months ago which came to nothing
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She says as its classed as malicious the police will look into it even though im anonymous?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you still there ?

Ok. Well there is nothing she can do.

She assumes it is you and does not know. The NSPCC won’t reveal the IP address or who it is, except to the police.

But if it is your opinion then it is not harassment.

As such it will not be disclosed.

As for all the texts messages you are getting it is harsssment against you.

You can report her to the police and they can give her a warning.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thats what I asked will the police investgate it as its been classed as malicious im sorry but all you have done is answer with what I have already told you

No. They don’t know it’s you.

So this is just someone getting annoyed.

Even if it is you, the police won’t disclose it to this person.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
But will they contact me,interview me etc , or will they just drop the whole thing

no, they won’t interview. Very unlikely.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Dont they need a court order to get ip address under data protection sorry for all the questions

Yes they do.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thankyou

no problem. Anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No thankyou I think that clarified things

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the top of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you in advance and good luck!