How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11093
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

My grandson is homeless at the moment. I don't have the room

This answer was rated:

My grandson is homeless at the moment. I don't have the room for him to stay. He was in a hostel but had his things stolen and got in to a fight and was asked to leave. All the hostels are full of drug addicts. I really don't want him in any of these places. His mum died suddenly 3years ago and he has been depressed and has had anxiety problems. He has also been diagnosed with epilepsy.
If I were to pay a deposit on a private rent flat would he be entitled to any benefits to pay the rent until he's well enough to work?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Is he on benefits at the moment?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just unemployment benefit
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My husband doesn't want to know anything about him so I don't want phone calls please

Ok - then yes, if you put down the deposit he should be entitled to get Housing Benefit

He can also work out if he is entitled to any other benefits by going here:

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Who would I contact about Private rent landlords?

Any estate agent. Clearly, he can not rent a 5 bedroom detached house.

It would have to be something like a 1 bedroom flat or terraced house.

Does that assist?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you