How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35028
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

My husband has withheld from me a personal official

This answer was rated:

My husband has withheld from me a personal official communication saying that it was to prevent me being distressed . Has he done something illegal ?
How did he get the communication?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He collected an enforcement notice for himself from the royal mail sorting office and it appears they have written separately to me and the sorting office gave him both letters. He deliberately kept it from me and has emailed the local council who sent it saying that he did so to avoid causing me distress or grief. I am angry that he has portrayed me in This way and that he has a letter of which I do not know the substance of the contents
The Postal Services Act 2000 clearly states that it is certainly illegal to open someone’s post, or delay it reaching the owner.The Act says: “A person commits an offence if, intending to act to a person’s detriment and without reasonable excuse, he opens a postal packet which he knows or reasonably suspects has been incorrectly delivered to him.”
ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you