ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

My husband has withheld from me a personal official

My husband has withheld from me a personal official communication saying that it was to prevent me being distressed . Has he done something illegal ?
How did he get the communication?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He collected an enforcement notice for himself from the royal mail sorting office and it appears they have written separately to me and the sorting office gave him both letters. He deliberately kept it from me and has emailed the local council who sent it saying that he did so to avoid causing me distress or grief. I am angry that he has portrayed me in This way and that he has a letter of which I do not know the substance of the contents
The Postal Services Act 2000 clearly states that it is certainly illegal to open someone’s post, or delay it reaching the owner.The Act says: “A person commits an offence if, intending to act to a person’s detriment and without reasonable excuse, he opens a postal packet which he knows or reasonably suspects has been incorrectly delivered to him.”