Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Can you please advise on a claims issur with Gr8stays and a

Hi there can you please advise on a claims issur with Gr8stays and a company called LRC who have been chasing me for payments which Im sure are not binding. Do I pay or not.
Peter

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How much money do you need to pay?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
163;780

OK thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you

Many thanks for your patience. Whether you pay or not is up to you to be honest. Refusing to pay them will mean that the ball is now in their court and they can decide whether to take this further or not. They cannot force you to pay unless they go to court and win. There is however no guarantee that they will ever go that far and even if they did – the risks are relatively low for you. That is because any claim would go to the small claims court and even if you lost you would only have to pay the amount they were after, plus court costs which will only be £150-200. You will not have to pay their lawyers fees, which means that worst case you would only pay what you refused to pay, plus a little bit extra on top. You can therefore consider whether to just take the risk and hope they never actually go as far as court and simply continuing making threats and demands until they eventually just give up.

I trust this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please reply on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. Many thanks