12826847

I was having having a scuffle with bouncers outside a

Hello, I was having having a scuffle with bouncers outside a nightclub in Leeds city centre, and was asked by police for my details, after giving them my details I tried walking away and got arrested for pushing a police officer, I was held in the cellls overnight and have to go to court for a decision on my punishment on the 1st June at Leeds Magistrates. I’d like to know what punishment I’m likely to receive.
Thanks *****

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

have you had any previous dealings with police at all?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No my record is totally clean
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No phone call thanks just talk in here

Ok. What are teh facts of the offence?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All it states on the paperwork is “assault on officer PARKER”
I pushed him about 4 feet away from me with both hands on his chest

Do they accept that? It would have been put to you in interview?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
they accept that that’s what I’m being charged with

No, that isnt what I mean.

What I need to know is what you are said to have done? A common assault can be committed in many ways. This will have been put to you in interview?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No the police are charging me with assault on a police officer, that’s what they told me the morning after that I was getting charged with “assault on PC PARKER”
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I’m being charged with pushing a police a police officer and they’ve just put it down as assault, in the officers satement he said I pushed him with both hands to his chest

Im rather surprised they didn't offer a police caution if it was just an open handed push.

However, I suppose it was upon a person in authority acting as public servant which does aggravate.

I would expect a condition discharge or a fine if the matter is no more serious than you suggest. If it is a more serious assault then it will be much more severe than this.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I have sent you a copy of the paperwork I was discharged with, this shows the crime I have being charged with and the conditions it was, tot was definitely only a small push with both hands to his chest nothing more serious

Those are your charges.

There was never any doubt about that.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what would you expect the punishment to be ?

I think I covered that above?

Nothing has changed.

I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.