12826847

Does a circuit judge have the power to authorise a s8 pace

Does a circuit judge have the power to authorise a s8 pace search warrant that does not include LLP or excluded material? And if so where in legislation is this catered for?

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Can you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
A s8 pace search warrant states the authority is from a district judge (unless searching for items of lawful privilege etc) I would like to know if a circuit judge in Crown court also has the power to authorise a s8 search warrant or if it must be a district judge. I would have thought that a circuit judge would be able to but cannot find out for sure. Thanks

A Circuit Judge can always reconstructed himself as a District Judge.

however, it just wouldn't happen. There would be no point. Officers need to get warrants swiftly and Crown Court's don't lend themselves to that.

PACE warrants and other warrants are just sought at the magistrates court.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
That’s great thanks. Wasn’t sure about the reconstruction bit ����