ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I am filling out the section within my divorce papers

I am filling out the section within my divorce papers "Adultery and Unreasonable Behaviour" I am using a management company to deal with my divorce, they have sent this back to me twice now with instructions that I have filled it out wrong and pointers of what to do. I have filled it out to the best of my ability, but they have said that if they send it back to me again with any mistakes or issues and I get it wrong again they will send it off to the courts regardless. If the court then rejects my divorce application the money I have paid them will be forfeit as will their time. Can anyone please please read what Ive put, check it for me and give me definite answer weather what Ive put is right? I cannot afford to get this wrong this is my one shot to get it write. I cant stay with him anymore, please.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Attached is what I have written, any help would be gratefully appreciated

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

First thing you need to know is that you cannot petition on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour and adultery. It has to be one or the other but not both.

If you are going for adultery - do you think your husband will agree the adultery and sign a confession?

kind regards

Caroline

Welcome to Just Answer

I am a Solicitor and will assist you.

kind regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thankyou for your quick reply, yes he has already said that he will admit to the adultery and sign the paperwork.
This is the information I got from the Divorce company this morning:The following errors have been made in the 'Details of
Allegations' section:To file for divorce on adultery the courts will require you to confirm the date the adultery was committed, who the adultery was committed with, the person does not have to be named but has to be identified as male or female, was the person known to yourself, whether the adultery is still being committed and whether you find it intolerable to live with the respondent.
Please also confirm the date you found out about the adultery and how and the date you separated.Please ensure to write the pronouns for yourself as the petitioner and the pronouns for your spouse as the respondent only as the courts will not accept personal pronouns like me, you, I or we etc.

Thank you for your response.

If your husband will agree on the basis of his adulterous act then you only need the first 4 paragraphs.

Am I ok to shuffle these round for you? The basis of all the information that you need is there but just so that it reads a little easier?

kind regards

Caroline

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yeah thats great, thankyou I just had no idea what to do so I just wrote the "highlights" of the last few months hoping it would cover everything.
I dont know if you can help me seperatly in this but what do I do with the finacial mess hes left me in? Hes insisting the £10,000+ plus he insisted I put in my name because "he couldnt get credit" that he used just as much as me is not his problem, he has known I was struggling to keep up with repayments, he kept "his" money seperate from mine I had to pay the bills, he spent his on what he wanted and if he had to "bail me out" I had to borrow the money from him and pay him back.Gemma

Hello Gemma

Shuffled around for you:

The Petitioner kindly requests that the honourable court grant a divorce on the basis on the adultery committed by the Respondent.

The Petitioner became aware on the 4th May 2018 that the Respondent had had committed adultery on the 20 January 2018. The Petitioner is aware of the adultery because the Respondent told the Petitioner about the adultery during an argument. The adultery was committed by the Respondent with another woman.

The Petitioner does not know the name or the identity of the other woman with whom the adultery was committed by the Respondent. The Respondent has refused to name her. The petitioner has asked several times but the Respondent will not tell the Petitioner. The Petitioner does not believe that the woman with whom the Respondent committed the adultery with is known to the Respondent. The Petitioner is aware that the adultery took place whilst the Respondent was on a night out in Blackpool and the respondent has told the Petitioner that this was a one night stand.

As far as the Petitioner is aware the petitioner is no longer committing adultery with the woman in question since that date.

Following the Petitioner becoming aware of the adultery, the Petitioner and the Respondent have no longer shared a bed as a married man or wife. The Petitioner finds it intolerable to continue living with the Respondent as a result of the Adultery and therefore seeks a divorce from the Respondent.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thats brilliant thankyou, you have really helped me,Gemma

In relation to the matrimonial finances - it sounds like he is trying to argue that the debt that he has is matrimonial debt.

In relation to the matrimonial finances you need to consider referring to family mediation. This is actually a prerequisite before you can make an application to the courts for a financial order.

Google family mediation in your area and give them a call to self refer.

Mediation is independant and will try and help you through full disclosure and discussions about division. If agreement can be reached at mediation then this should be prepared into a consent order and submitted to the court for approval when applying for decree absolute. If agreement cannot be reached then the mediator will sign the form that you need to then be able to apply to court.

let me know if I can assist you further

kind regards

Caroline

Please kindly remember to rate positively so that credit is received for helping you today

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thankyou you have been a great help
Gems

Your very welcome Gemma

I wish you all the best.

kind regards

Caroline