Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Should the Bradford points factor be used for pre planned

Should the Bradford points factor be used for pre planned sick leave for a necessary operation ?

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Please can you provide some more information? Are you the employee and if so, how long have you worked for this employer?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am an employee of ten years
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I dont want you to call me
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Are you still there ?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
this is just another scam site !!

Hi there. Apologies for the delay and thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Thanks for your patience. The use of the Bradford scoring system is not really detailed in law and it is mainly down to employers to decide how to use and apply it. They do need to be careful about how it is applied in relation to absences linked to a condition that is a disability, but apart from that they can make the main decisions on when to use it and how to apply it.

Legally, it is entirely possible for the Bradford scoring to be used for a pre-planned operation because, after all, this is still sickness-related absence (in other words you are unfit to come into work and it is treated as sickness). To be off sick from work does not just cover unplanned sickness - it can also include planned absences for treatment or rehabilitation. So yes, the Bradford scoring can be used by the employer if needed, even if this was pre-planned absence, as there is nothing in law which states that it can't.

I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you were hoping for, however I do have a duty to be honest and explain the actual legal position. This does mean delivering bad news from time to time. I hope you understand and would be happy to provide any further clarification if needed. If you are still satisfied with the level of service I have provided regardless of the contents of the answer, I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above. Thank you