Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am signed with a Model agency which today forgot to send

Hi there, I am signed with a Model agency which today forgot to send me to a job. I turned up later to the job and Durban to that the client decided to cancel the other days they hadn’t booked me. Can I sue my Model agency? They ruined my modelling reputation and lost me a valuable client.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

How did they ruin your reputation?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is an old client of mine, worked with them 1 year ago and they booked me again but because the Model agency forgot to send the email informing I hadn’t been booked I came late to work and the client cancelled me for the other days I had to work with them
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was supposed to work for two weeks

How much work, in terms of value, did you lose?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Around 3thousands

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of this £3000 within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks I wanted to make sure this is valid for models. Regards

It is. Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am a model and I have a modelling contract. do I have hope to win the case or I am most likely to loose?

Yes I think you are likely to win.

Does that assist?