Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I cancelled my car insurance after being told it was a small

I cancelled my car insurance after being told it was a small cancellation fee of around £80 so I agreed Churchill have now sent a £791 bill to me and won’t provide me with a copy of the chat

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Wont on what basis?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The figure they gave me was a cancellation fee and wasn’t to do with the policy however I asked what the total payable was and they said £53

Ok - have you asked for a copy under the Data Protection Act?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have and they have just sent me forms to request the chat which I will fill in tomorrow what do I do from here
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Should this fee be waved as I was told and it’s clearly stated £53 otherwise I would not of cancelled if it was £791

Ok - yes, if you were told £53 then that is all you need to pay.

I would also raise a complaint. You can do this by writing to:

Customer Relations Manager, Churchill Court, Westmoreland Road, Bromley, Kent, BR1 1DP

They will investigate the matter and report back to you. If they do not uphold the complaint you can then go to the Financial Ombudsman.

They offer a free, independent service and can examine your complaint at: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
That should resolve the matter for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok I’ll give that a try thank you for your time I’ll make sure I pass on a 5* rating