Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a property which I have rented out c 18months ago. I

Hi, My name is Dan.I have a property which I have rented out c 18months ago.I used an agency for a tenant find only service. Agreed start date to start a month after. During that time, I had no communication to confirm and agency still had keys.I managed to send out a letter via post to the property asking if there was any tenant to get in contact.I found out the agency went into administration. The tenant paid a deposit and first month rent to the agency who held my details on my behalf.Tenant moved into flat fine, but I have not seen the deposit or first months rent. Contacted the insolvency company who handled the administration only to find out that insolvency company also went into administration.I have tried to put a contract in place but the tenant didn't want one as they have already paid a deposit.Now the tenant wants to leave and not sure where I stand with the deposit and first months rent.Can you help advise?Thanks

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

I assume you are named as Landlord?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yea
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

What is your number and I will call?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks

I will call shortly, will show as withheld.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok

Great

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you know when you will call as I have a match that I need to play in. Thanks

I did try and call twice, let me know when you are free

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Jamie, sorry. Free now.. thanks

Ok - give me a moment.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, thanks.

...