13262538

We have an estranged relationship with our daughter and she

We have an estranged relationship with our daughter and she has not been living with us for the past 5 years.
We notified our local borough of this 4 years back and her name was taken off the electoral register for our address.
All her correspondence has continued to come to our address and she has kept saying she is sorting it out.
She is now 7 months pregnant and all her hospital appointments continue to be addressed to her at our address despite her saying to us that she will be sorting out Housing.
What are the implications for us arising from this?

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Other than the inconvenience of returning letters there are no serious implications involved.

The only point to watch is to check your Credit Rating from time to time as some agencies still link people at the same address - although they should not do so.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you Clare. We have returned some but not all the letters and especially now knowing about her pregnancy we give her the letters where she works as it is quite near us and just to maintain contact. But we do not know where she actually lives and there is every likelihood that she could now register the baby at our address. Would that give her the right to return back to our home? And also her partner whom we do not know at all.

No she cannot acquire any right to live in you home - with or without the baby