31090051

I work as a 'Team Organiser' nowhere in my contract or job

I work as a 'Team Organiser' nowhere in my contract or job role is photography involved, however when my line manager discovered my love of photography I was asked to take photos on site and of various events, many of these have already been used in company literature and on their social media, etc. The remainder are saved and may be used in future case studies, advertising, etc. My issue is now that I am at risk of redundancy, if I do indeed get made redundant who owns the right to those photographs? Would I be within my rights to remove them from their stock images folders.

Thanks for your question. Because you took the photos in your capacity as an employee in the course of your employment, your employer owns the copyright. You would not be permitted to remove them. The terms of your contract of employment are not relevant as the employer asked you to take the pictures and you agreed to do so. See section 11(2) of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 which is available online. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.