ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

I run an event business through a UK Limited company and a

I run an event business through a UK Limited company and a while back failed to pay an invoice from a supplier. They subsequently used the courts to obtain a judgement for the money but it was made against me personally as the director of the company but with no mention of the Limited company just me personally and the name of the event.As such i now have a CCJ registered against me.is there anything I can do?

Did you receive the court papers?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
they were in my name not the business. Didn't think anything of it at the time...

I see. The you would have to apply to the court to have the judgment set aside on the basis that you have a defence - that the proceedings should have been brought against the company rather than against you in your personal capacity. You will however have to explain to the court why you did not deal with this properly at the time. The form to use is the form N244 - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n244-application-notice I would also ask you to rate 4 o5 stars for my time. Thanks