How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35028
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I run an event business through a UK Limited company and a

This answer was rated:

I run an event business through a UK Limited company and a while back failed to pay an invoice from a supplier. They subsequently used the courts to obtain a judgement for the money but it was made against me personally as the director of the company but with no mention of the Limited company just me personally and the name of the event.As such i now have a CCJ registered against there anything I can do?

Did you receive the court papers?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
they were in my name not the business. Didn't think anything of it at the time...

I see. The you would have to apply to the court to have the judgment set aside on the basis that you have a defence - that the proceedings should have been brought against the company rather than against you in your personal capacity. You will however have to explain to the court why you did not deal with this properly at the time. The form to use is the form N244 - I would also ask you to rate 4 o5 stars for my time. Thanks

ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you