31090051

My partner died, we had a now 2 year old boy. her estranged

my partner died, we had a now 2 year old boy. her estranged husband, who is U Citizen, has turned u saying he is biological Father and wants involved. i did not believe at first but his persistence has me doubting. can or would Scottish court order DNA test? has one ever been ordered in Scotland? I also note he has not paid or been asked for any monies towards up keep and has seen child very little and at one point for over 14 months

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. The Scottish court can order a test. If the party has been ordered to take the test and refuses to do so the court can make an adverse inference. However if you have the child you can get a DNA test done privately and the test will establish whether you are the father or not. I would suggest that you do that and the results will determine what you do next. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.