Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My brother is being prosecuted for stealing fuel from his

My brother is being prosecuted for stealing fuel from his employer in 2015/16 & dismissed from his post for gross misconduct. He has recently been made bankrupt. Because he was homeless living between caravans he did not receive his court summons personally & therefore was not able to respond. He was arrested earlier this week & charged in court later released on bail. His next court appearance is set for next month. I would like to organise legal aid for him. Do I need a criminal legal aid lawyer?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

What is the offence he was charged with and value of fraud?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Fuel theft from his employer estimated at £500.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need a legal aid lawyer. Would this be a criminal one?

Ok - he is likely to get a fine or Community Order for this.

He will need a lawyer, but when arrested and appeared in Court, he would have had access to the duty Solicitor.

They will go through legal aid with him.

Yes it will be a criminal lawyer.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you Jamie

Pleasure