Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am about to request an application request for a 3rd &

Hello there,
I am about to request an application request for a 3rd & final adjournment for a bankruptcy petition made the HMRC. As my working circumstances have improved, I am in a position financially where I can forecast settling my debt. I am hoping to be able request a time to pay. Is this possible, & if so what’s the best way forward? I have just started over the last month to make weekly payments via internet banking to show ability to do so. Currently able to pay a minimum of £1000 per month.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

How much is the debt?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I’ve just paid £1000 over the last month, so outstanding is around £15,300.00

Are you in a position to start paying straight away?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
By installments yes.

Ok - make payments and then make the application.

This shows the Court you are serious.

It will be down to the discretion of the Judge sadly. They are under no obligation to adjourn but are more likely to if you can show you have been making payments.

So pay as much as you can before the hearing, it looks far better.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you Jamie. What is good at least is the HMRC have been good in not opposing the adjournments. I am informed of this on the phone before going to court. I will of course give you a 5star rating. With your help I want to make the best presentation possible.

Ok - great. Good luck with this.