How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35034
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I need advice about stopping soneobe posting my prsonal

This answer was rated:

Hi, I need advice about stopping soneobe posting my prsonal details on their social media sites snd mrntioning me in a derogatory manner in their live feeds. They have also threatened to 'expose' me and other witnesses as 'child groomers' and ' paedo supporters' in the national press. I have contacted the police and thry say there is nothing thry can do until he uses my name and contraveens the PIN I served on Lism Tuffs ( Gillett).
I have copied and padted whst I sent to the police below. I hope you can help us?Hi, I was a witness for the defence in the above trial but have received verbal, recorded threats from one of the accusers, to post all my personal details, along with those of my fellow witnesses, on Facebook and promising to contact everybodys places of work and churches attended. Although this was before the trial started, this person has continued to post on Facebook that he 'can't wait for the last trial to be over and then I am coming for the minions, one by one. Let the world know that you support and aid a child molester" or words to that effect. Wendy Matthews has documented all these continued threats and they have been commented on by Carla Rodgers and others saying things like "can't wait to expose all these low life scum". They also claim to have national newspapers waiting to print their side of the story as soon as the court 'gag' is official lifted and say this is 'very soon'.
I contacted the Citizens Advice Bureau and they gave me your contact number but there dosen't appear to be anyone answering your extension so I have reverted to this email.
This is an initial enquiry on behalf of myself and Wendy Matthews, who appeared in court on the above date and Millie Marsh and ***** *****, who appeared the day before, also what to know how we can prevent them from doing this.
I would appreciate your reply at your earliest convenience as, apart from Wendy and I serving a PIN on Liam Gillett, the police have been unable to help us in any other way and we are very worried how much damage Liam Tuffs (Gillett) and these 'Hunters' can do to our reputations.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Have you asked this person to stop at all and if so, what was the outcome?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
See my post. Yes ussued pin
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
See my post. Yes issued PIN

OK, thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

I have been asked to help. I take it that the police have not done anything helpful

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, except for issue a PIN
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Cant afford call charge as I only get DLA, sorry
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There ia. An order unded attempt of court on press and social media but that might run out soon which is why is saying, 'soon'

Thats fine. I would be minded to apply to the court for a non molestation order to prevent them from contacting you again or indeed to prevent them from publishing in any fashion such rude things against you. You could also apply for an injunction. A local solicitor would be able to write a 'legal letter' to them for about £100 threatening to take such legal action against them and seeking the costs of such applications on your behalf. This usually does the trick. I would also go back to the police and advise if correct that they have and continue to breach the PIN. Happy to discuss and please rate 4 or 5 stars

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have told the police but, as he is not saying my name atm, just calling us 'the minions' he is not breaching it. This means I would have to wait for him to post, say or publish my name, they would give him one warning and then, if he does it again, he would be arrested. I would still be labelled as these things in the national newspaper. I know they have said the Sun is already waiting to publish the trial details as there is a Kray twins link to the person who was charged, Pete Gillett. Seems all I can do is wait and see. As my friend is going to appeal, maybe the judge will continue the press ban as there is no end date on it?

I would be minded to escalate matters within police. You are still being harassed and pestered and this appears to be a breach of the PIN. Happy to discuss and please remember to rate 4 or 5 stars

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not according to the police ss I say. They say they cannot help me

If the police are not dealing with it properly then you can raise a complaint to basically escalate -

Please remember to rate positive,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The police say they are dealing with me correctly, there is nothing anyone can do unless he breaks the PIN! I can't believe he would not be breaking any laws.
Hence why I have suggested that you can make a formal complaint .
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35034
Experience: Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you