13262538

I am in the process of buying a house with my husband & 2

I am in the process of buying a house with my husband & 2 kids.
The mortgage is in my husband's name only so in line with lenders t&c I have been asked to sign a occupier waiver.
Does this agreement take precedence should we divorce, or would I still be entitled to 50/50?

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will respond further within a few minutes

The paperwork that you are being asked to sign only relates to the interest of the mortgage company.

This means that you cannot argue that you should not have to pay the mortgage company back their share

You retain you matrimonial home rights - and your claim in the event of a divorce.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That's great & what I expected, plus what I hoped. Thank you for your help

You are most welcome I hope the move goes well