Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My grandson has a Peugeot car on just add fuel scheme he had

My grandson has a Peugeot car on just add fuel scheme he had an accident in the car which was written off and another car was provided on a like for like basis this was fine until he couldn’t start the car one day and rang the Peugeot assistance to be told he wasn’t covered. The terms and conditions state that the car is covered and any replacement is covered this is stated on the financial agreement he took out. I have been in constant contact with the dealership the finance Peugeot customer services insurance. I have sent a copy of the legal aspects and no one seems to be able or willing to put this right. My grandson who we are spokesman for is special needs and I am worried that he may need help and no one would be there for him. I have rung and written to everyone and no one will help. What can I do next please?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

What is it you want to achieve?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Getting covered for breakdown until July 2019 when the lease expires.

So the terms say he is entitled to a replacement, regardless of whether the current one is written off?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He has the replacement car on a like for like basis. That means all the conditions should be the same what is not being done is the Peugeot assistance which is like the aa etc has not been put into place on the replacement car.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello?

So it is just breakdown cover which he is missing?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no one wants to know .

Ok - he needs to get quote for cover elsewhere for the duration.

That forms his loss.

You need to write and set out your losses and request cover or a refund of that cost within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have been told if I write to the ombudsman it would probably be months before they helped.

Yes, which is why you take the action I have described above.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

No problem - can I help with anything else today?