12826847

I was wondering if you could help. I was a guarentor on my

HiI was wondering if you could help.I was a guarentor on my ex husbands loan back in 2015 we then split up and sold our house and each took a share in the profit from the house. He cleared off his loans that he had with his shares which i assume was the one i was a guantor on.I found out March/April time that this wasnt true as i got a letter from the loan company advising he had missed payments. i found out he had lost his job so i paid this for him due to the agreement on the basis he would pay me back.It got to August and i had been paying for this as he still hadnt got a job so i agreed with him i would clear the full loan off as i was shortly going abroad and didnt want this affecting my credit rating if it wasnt paid.He agreed he would pay me back the full balance in october when his high interest account could let him withdraw this. He did not.I have still not recieved any monies from him only £100 in nearly 2 years.Is this sometjing i can take him to a small claims court over as i feel this isnt right not to pay back what is owed??

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Does he have any money?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
As far as im aware he work full time earning £30k annual salary.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
sorry im currently at work so im unable to talk via the phone

Ok.

What is the total amount that you paid?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I paid in total £2000 but he has paid me £100 so the debt is now £1900.But he also owes me money i have lent him to try and get work so thats about £400

You could always sued him at the small claims court. It is a sum that would not be that expensive to recover.

You do need to give him warning of your intentions though. A letter giving him 28 days to pay in full or make arrangements to pay and in default you will sue would be perfect.

You can issue thereafter here

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
just to clarify this is something a can pursue through a small claims court? Its only as i want to be 100% sure im not going to be at a loss in doing so.