Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a major problem with a faulty car upgrade. the

I have a major problem with a faulty car upgrade. the company has had 7 attempts to fix but failed and the car now has bigger issues than before. I really don't know how to proceed
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I purchased a 365BHP power upgrade for my car. Since collecting the car it has never made that power. The day after collecting it it cut power and went into limp mode. The car has been back 7 times in total to have this issue looked at which they have failed to do so. I then took part in an ADRscheme to try and resolve. This led to my car being investigated by a third party company with agreement as they did not oppose to it(All in email trail). From the report the car has major issues all of which result from the lack of due car and attention of the company that did the upgrade. They are now refusing to do anything as the investigation wasn't done by them(They were given ample time to attend the independent investigation). Despite them having the car 7 times all of which failed to resolve the same original issue which the car still suffers with. Now that the car has different issues caused by the poor workmanship, they are saying they have not been given their right to fix these new issues, despite not being able to even fix the car from day one. I need help to send one final response before resulting to the courts. Helping me to explain that they have exhausted their rights and are not capable of this work.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Have you had a second opinion on how to fix it?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
From the report produced by the independent company its replacing the parts as they are damaged beyond repair

I am just on the train. Can I call in a couple of hours when I get off?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
sure no problem

Thanks. Will show as withheld.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
make sure you are comfy with a glass of wine as there is alot to go through and understand
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello Jamie your colleague has helped a lot in understanding he next steps. Once I have sent over the costs to repair. If the company refuse, is it then a letter before action? Or is this letter with quotes of repair the letter before action?

letter with quotes.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Also I have totalled the cost of what I have spent. Am I able to make two separate small claims? 1 for the cost of repair and 1 for the expenses incurred? As the total will come to above £10,000

then it won’t be a small claim. You will need to be represented

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What sort of costs will I be looking at to be represented?

really depends on value. Probably around £5-£10k

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
the total cost I would be claiming back for myself would be £15500. The estimated cost of repair would be £9000 (I am still waiting for exact quotes)

Sure

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Also with the costs of court. Are they reclaimable if my case successful?

They are