ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

I have been married for a year and a half and we live in my

I have been married for a year and a half and we live in my house which I owned prior to our relationship. He has contributed monthly to the joint account from which household bills are paid. He has never taken over any responsibility for the house his name is ***** ***** any bill. When the roof was damaged in bad weather I paid for repair, I also paid for replacement of a small conservatory which was damaged at the same time. Due to his increasingly untenable behaviour I have asked him to leave which he is refusing to do. Not sure where I stand now? How can I get him to leave?
What has his behaviour been like?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It’s very difficult to explain but he manipulates situations and it’s his way or no way. He makes my friends feel uncomfortable so they don’t come around. If I go out which isn’t often I get silent treatment. We have little or no physical relationship and he isn’t supportive over things that need doing in the house. He doesn’t socialise so is always in and as I leave for work before him and am home after him I never have any time when he is not here. I could go on but as I say it’s hard to describe but I am so down don’t know how to cope.
I’m very sorry to hear that. I’m really trying to determine whether there has been any domestic violence or abuse because if there has you could apply for an occupation order to remove him from the property
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Probably wrong to say sadly not but mental stuff is very hard to pin down and he has never been physical
Ok. Then you really need to reach an agreement for him to leave. Often a solicitors letter will exert sufficient pressure on someone to leave.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Wish I could reason with him but he is adamant he won’t leave. A solicitors letter that says what? A request to leave ??
Basically that the marriage is at and end and that he should leave. Happy to discuss and please rate positive
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Would love to talk but am hiding in bedroom. Thank you.
My pleasure. Please rate 4 or 5 stars. Thanks