Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I arranged for a glazing company to call at my house to give

I arranged for a glazing company to call at my house to give me a quote for Windows and a front entrance door, the salesman came to our house on Friday 11th. May at 8pm. and after showing my wife and I his product he proceeded to roughly measure the windows (NOT the door) we decided to replace only the three windows at the front of the house, as they got the worst of the weather.
This next part is the important part.
The salesman then advised us of the cost of the renewals, but said there would be a colleague from the installation department to make precise measurements of the windows and the door to ensure perfect fixtures. For this service we would require to pay £349-00 which we did in good faith there and then. Before leaving our premises he stated we would get a call from his office to see if we were satisfied with our meeting and the arrangements, and as we had decided to take out credit they would arrange that also.
We did get a phone call the following day, Sat. 12th. but prior to this I received an email from a finance company, and not recognising the name, thinking it was spam, I deleted the post. I explained this to the gentleman on the phone and he added he would get another email from the finance company sent out. By the Tuesday I still hadn't heard from the finance company, so I called the window company once again, and after explaining the problem I was told another email would be sent out within ten minutes. I waited half an hour before checking my computer again, and nothing !! I phoned the window company's customer care dept. and explained what has been happening and now wish to cancel the order. & asked for the £349-00 to be refunded, but was told that this was an administration fee, as stated in the contract, and was non- refundable. This was different from what we were told by the salesman.
I would like and appreciate your advice on where I stand in this situation.
Walter Sawers.
(Sorry for the long winded story but I felt I had to explain my query fully.)

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.