31090051

I am buying a property and croft on the Isle of. The offer

I am buying a property and croft on the Isle of Lewis. The offer was accepted 3/11/17. It is a concluded contract. The property was advertised as being de crofted. It is not. It would appear that completion/crofting approval could take another 6 months - over a year since the original offer. Holding my financial position to honour this commitment is becoming a real problem. Do I have to continue to honour this concluded contract irrespective of the continued delays? I do not wish to be disrespectful of my Lewis solicitor but I am losing confidence. Can I change solicitors?
I am a solicitor in Scotland. Do the missives specifically provide that the property has been decrofted?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Not sure. However, the advert from the estate agent (who is also the solicitor selling says decrofted)
It is important that we know. If the solicitor has not dealt with this properly in the missives then you may have a contract that you did not instruct in which case there may be a claim against your solicitor. Alternatively if the missives do provide for this then you would be able to withdraw from the missives as the seller is in breach.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry I am struggling to understand. I assume missives means the pre contract details? So are you saying that if the missives do say its decrofted then its an incorrect contract and I can withdraw. However, if the missives do not say its de crofted then my lawyer should have made me aware of the error between what was advertised and what I was offering to buy and as such I would be able to go after my solicitor for no properly informing me
That is exactly right
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That is great. How do I rate this excellent service and how do I keep it open if more things come through
Thank you for your kind words. You should be able to leave a rating on the star system which should be somewhere on your screen. If you need me again you can post a new question asking for JGM.