12826847

I have just had the police turn up with a search warrant for

I have just had the police turn up with a search warrant for my home. to search for computer equipment that may contain indecent images of children. He told me the ISP informed the police because an indecent image has supposed to have been down loaded to this address, He cautioned me. I need help to know what to do.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

I'm not sure what your question is?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They taken away my laptop and mobile phone for investigation and said they will be in touch, I would like to know what I can do, or is it a case of wait and see, Because I have grandchildren they mention speaking to the social service, so what does that involve?

Speaking to social services?

They will inform them of whatever the allegation is. Social services will probably conduct their own investigations.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My grandchildren do not live with me, does that make any difference?

Not particularly.

Social services will probably just say no unsupervised contact.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They said I would be invited to discuss the findings at the police station should I have a legal representation with me? I am at a loss of what to do now

Yes, you are entitled to a solicitor in interview and you should have one.

there is not really anything that can be done now. You just wait to be invited.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do I have to inform my employer what has happened?

Not unless you are under a contractual duty to do so. Nothing has really happened yet anyway. You are just being investigated. Might well come to nothing.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for the information