How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 72950
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have just had the police turn up with a search warrant for

This answer was rated:

I have just had the police turn up with a search warrant for my home. to search for computer equipment that may contain indecent images of children. He told me the ISP informed the police because an indecent image has supposed to have been down loaded to this address, He cautioned me. I need help to know what to do.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

I'm not sure what your question is?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
They taken away my laptop and mobile phone for investigation and said they will be in touch, I would like to know what I can do, or is it a case of wait and see, Because I have grandchildren they mention speaking to the social service, so what does that involve?

Speaking to social services?

They will inform them of whatever the allegation is. Social services will probably conduct their own investigations.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My grandchildren do not live with me, does that make any difference?

Not particularly.

Social services will probably just say no unsupervised contact.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
They said I would be invited to discuss the findings at the police station should I have a legal representation with me? I am at a loss of what to do now

Yes, you are entitled to a solicitor in interview and you should have one.

there is not really anything that can be done now. You just wait to be invited.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do I have to inform my employer what has happened?

Not unless you are under a contractual duty to do so. Nothing has really happened yet anyway. You are just being investigated. Might well come to nothing.

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for the information