Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Hope you can help advise I received a PCN from Parking Eye

Hi, hope you can help adviseI received a PCN from Parking Eye for leaving my car in a deserted Aldi carpark on a Sunday at 18:30, well after trading had ceased. What is the can of a successful appeal?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Do you accept you went over your permitted time?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The issue is it was outside trading hours. Parking is free, but the reg number must be typed into a terminal on departure. This was impossible, as the store was closed. So, I don't know what my permitted time was.

Ok. So it’s only parking for customers who register?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm guessing so. But I believe that there was no loss to the private landowner as by the car was parked well outside of trading hours, the facility of validating parking to customers was in now denied.

That makes no difference. If you are required to enter your number or be a customer then you are liable.

That is because this is a requirement of you using the car park. If it was free for non customers, it would say.

But the tickets are enforceable. There was a decent a year or two ago by Parking Eye which went to the Supreme Court in London.

It said the tickets are valid.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I suppose I'd better take it on the chin. I went down the ignore all correspondence route before, and they eventually gave up.

I am sorry. Can I help with anything else today?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Nope. Thank you for your time.

No problem. If I could ask you to rate my service before you go please, so the site credits me for time spent. Thanks