Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

On 16th April 2018 a neighbour accused my of hitting his

On 16th April 2018 a neighbour accused my of hitting his car. The first I knew of this was when he knocked on my door the same day and said he believed I had hit his car causing over £300 of damage. He also said he had an independent witness to verify this.
I do not believe I hit his car and there is absolutely no damage to my vehicle, which has been assessed by an independent engineer and no damage found.
The neighbour in question, i believe had his car assessed yesterday and I dont think he liked the outcome, as of today I have had a hand delivered letter sent to me saying unless I own up to causing the damage or pay for the damage he is going to take me to court.
I am now unsure what to do.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My neighbour is threatening court action if I do not own up to hitting his car or paying for the repairs. I dont believe I hit him. What can i do

Do you have a copy of the engineer report?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not yet. Already had one report from an independent assessor but Aviva my insurance company are coming for a second inspection tomorrow

Ask for a copy. If no accident, then no claim.

He needs to have evidence of contact.

He can not just claim off you because he wants someone to blame!

So you do not need to pay. If he takes you to Court your insurance can defend it.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
My insurance assessor has said there is no evidence of any damaged related to a car accident, however the person who says I hit there vehicle says he had a witness saying I did hit his car. He is now threatening to take me to court. Where do I stand if he does take me to court.

You defend it.