12826847

I had a call from the police yesterday to say they had a

I had a call from the police yesterday to say they had a warrant to search my flat that both my 25 year old Son share we live in Buckinghamshire but are currently visiting my sick mum in Birmingham. The police gained entry via my landlord with my permission and took all computer equipment as evidence because they had a report of obscene material of a minor to our ip address. We are to go to a volunteer interview at the station on the 1 Jun. I have had no dealings with the police prior to this and neither has my son. Should we accept a duty solicitor to attend the interview with each of us?

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Are they going to find anything on the pc?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thank you I am just have no idea what I am facing
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
My son thinks he knows what it might be.

Is it going to be obscene material?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I am not sure we have not had chance to really talk about it because we do not want to get my mum upset and she can't be left on her own at the moment.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I am unable to call right now I just want to know should we have solicitor at the interview and if so will a court appointed solicitor be ok?
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Please help

The duty solicitor is perfectly fine. Obviously some are better than others but they are all independent solicitors on a rota.

Almost certainly it should be a no comment interview but that would turn upon the evidence obviously.

jo

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I am not sure what you mean by no comment interview?

A no comment interview. There is no other way of expressing it.

It is nothing to worry about now. Just have a solicitor in interview and follow his advice.

It might well be different for different suspects.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Ok thank you Jo that is very helpful.