Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

The GDPR comes into force today. I, along with two others,

The GDPR comes into force today.I, along with two others, organise an annual fan run concert. This is not a business and we make very little financial profit. It’s merely an interesting outside of work.We have a growing database of contacts - names and email addresses for the purpose of keeping customers informed of future events.My question is do we have to email our customers to inform them of our compliance with the Data Protection Directive. Or does this just apply to companies?Can someone advise? Thanks.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

If they have already consented then no.

It is only where the have not consented to be mail and you need to have a positive opt in.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's absolutely fine. I don't think I need any further info at this point in time. So thank you so much for the speedy reply,