Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

A golf trip for 16 was arranged by 2 organisers. One

A golf trip for 16 was arranged by 2 organisers. One organiser broke the written agreement with the other organiser and the other golfers several times, but the matter came to a head when asked for his share of the cost of the trip, which he refused to pay. This was seen as a fundamental breach of contract and he was kicked off the trip and a new agreement was made for 12 golfers, everyone of the original 16 given the opportunity to go on the trip or drop out at no loss to themselves. We are not looking for compensation, only confirmation that this contract could be legally broken due the fundamental breach. Thank you

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Unless it was agreed when it was first decided they you would pay for his share, then yes this is a fundamental breach of contract.

Clearly it was not a term which was agreed. Therefore it can not be enforced.

https://www.gov.uk/assess-approve-court-costs

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just to clarify your answer. It was the second organiser who refused to pay his own share, so still a fundamental breach, but meaning that the contract could be cancelled?

correct.

Does that assist?