Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a question regarding community service. What to do in

Hello,My name is***** have a question regarding community service. What to do in the situation when a person turns up for work as scheduled and nobody is there although there should be many people waiting. To he building is locked and the contact number provided to inform a SCO officer is not being answered? Just to clarify, no cancellation note had been sent out. Will that have any inpact on the timeframe until when the work should be completed? Can a person be resentenced? What are such person's legal rights?Kind regards
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Can a person be resentenced? What's the persons legal rights since clearly its not their fault

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

If it was rescheduled and you were not informed, then it is not a breach.

So it is not your fault.

You are allowed to breach your Order once. Then you are just warned.

If you breach it more than once, then Probation can ask that the matter go back to Court for breach.

The court would generally extend the order if breached numerous times.

But yes, the Court can resentence but that is where someone does not comply.
This is a first breach and not your fault, so nothing is likely to happen - you just carry on as normal.

If not I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. If you need more help, you can ask follow up questions for free and I would be delighted to assist. Thanks!

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thank you for your help. Much appreciated

Pleasure