LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
76316425

I've been a tenant with a fully mutual housing co-operative

I've been a tenant with a fully mutual housing co-operative in London since October 1987. I pay a registered Fair Rent and have a tenancy agreement. Do I have a Regulated Tenancy?
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
My question has, say your help desk, already been dealt with, the answer just not emailed me, so emailing the answer is what I'd be after.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Nicola, thanks for replying. I'm happy to continue waiting for an answer. A UK housing law expert is what you're after to answer my question!
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
How long will that take?

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.

I need a little more information please.

Can you tell me the name of the housing co-operative. When you say fully mutual does that mean that you, and all other tenants are members of the co-op?

Dos your tenancy agreement describe itself as a Rent Act/Tenancy/ Protected Tenancy or anything similar?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** Housing Co-op. I'm not sure what fully mutual means. The co-op became fully mutual in the 1980s or 1990s to stop Right-to-Buy and losing properties. Shelter first told me that I had a Secure tenancy because FPHC was registered with the Financial Conduct Authority, but retracted that because FPHC was a Social Landlord. Since then I've heard that anyone in England registered for and paying Fair Rent, like I am, would have a Regulated tenancy. Can you confirm this, please?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My tenancy agreement describes itself as an agreement between FPHC and the tenant. Would you like a copy?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am indeed a member of FPHC, and have been since 13th February, 1983. FPHC actually became fully mutual after this. Do you need to know when, exactly?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Urgent! Please answer the three questions, "Can you confirm this, please?", "Would you like a copy?" and "Do you need to know when, exactly?" to prove you are a real person and not a bot.

Hello, This is not a simple question and I am going to have to do some research. I Think you are probably a protected tenant but regulated tanancies are restricted to the private sector, HA's do not usually come under this.

Please send me a copy of the tenancy agreement.

Apologies fro the delay but I have to fit these answers around my practice and sometimes urgent work comes up.

LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Experience: Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No worries. Thanks for your reply. I attach my tenancy agreement>
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That's fine, except I appeared to close the question in doing so! I still definitely need to know whether I have a Regulated tenancy.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
How is it going with answering my question, which is now getting on for being a month old.