How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32426
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I’ve just got married four months ago been trying to tie all

Customer Question

I’ve just got married four months ago been trying to tie all legal documents up sent all deeds to Soliceters to have name changed to our married name found out the property is in a trust between my wife and her son as my wife doesn’t want her son know we are married as she hasent been in contact for over 3years were would I stand as her husband if my wife died tomorrow we just need to know we’re we stand as a married couple.also land registry is in trustee name
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What kind of trust is the property held on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What I can see it is a family trust fund
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My wife when her ex husband died was advised from her financial advisor to set up a trust fund so if she had to go into a home or anything like that they would not be able to touch the house to surpport her stey
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

My apologies I have been unwell

Do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I’ve got it sorted locally thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

Excellent - I hope all goes well