Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Why do you need a solicitor and a barrister for a illegal

Customer Question

Why do you need a solicitor and a barrister for a illegal immigrant case ?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 6 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1​. Dear *****a, you don' t need a solicitor and barrister for an Immigration case about an illegal immigrant. However, the prospects for success are greater if you are legally represented. But the reality is that most illegal immigrants facing deportation now represent themselves, because this type of case no longer attracts Legal Aid funding for legal representatives. So, most illegal immigrants now represent themselves, owing to lack of funds to pay for a solicitor and barrister.

2​. However, if you intend representing yourself as an illegal immigrant, I would suggest you get legal advice at your local Citizens Advice centre. See www.citizensadvice.org.uk for the location of centres and general outline advice.

3. Be aware additionally, that the Bar Council operates a pro bono​ (or free) scheme whereby barristers will represent immigration clients who lack the resources to pay for legal representation. Go to www.barprobono.org.uk to find out details for you may make an application for representation from them.

4​. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website despite answering your question.