12826847

I run a business. Was contracted to do a job. Client has

Customer Question

I run a business. Was contracted to do a job. Client has decided to cancel job a few weeks before deadline because they don’t trust my company is able to finish the job in time. They are giving the remainder of the job to someone else. They have already paid us, and the money is spent. They are expecting money back but we don’t have it. The contract specifies that if we don’t deliver they get money back, but not what happens in this eventuality. My main concern is that they want money back that is not there.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

What does the term actually say in the contract?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Terms will follow - I'm going to edit the contract to hide names etc and then attach as pdf. Will send on tomorrow. Essentially, something came up in my personal life - my business partner (and life partner) suddenly left 2.5 weeks before a big deadline (we fabricate art). I contacted the client to say this has happened, but I'm dealing with it from a business point of view. He decided that he would take the job elsewhere for completion as he/his client didn't trust that it would be finished on time if left with my business.

I don’t need the whole terms, just that one part.