31090051

I took out a life insurance policy in about 1976 When I was

Customer Question

I took out a life insurance policy in about 1976 When I was 55 the year about 2001,the insurance company stopped taking payment, which rose every year.When I queeried it I was told that was the policy, it only lasted until I was 55.
Expert:  JGM replied 22 days ago.

Thanks for your question. What is your issue with this?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
My issue was that I was making these payments thinking it was life insurance and had no idea that it was going to end when I was 55.
Expert:  JGM replied 22 days ago.

Only a whole of life policy would last a lifetime. Most policies are term policies and cease after a period of time. The policy document would say what the insurance was and how long it was to last.