bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I just bought a home with mortgage ,my question is :I have a

Customer Question

Hello I just bought a home with mortgage ,my question is :I have a land in another country ,on this land is nothing build so it's no home on it ,on the pappers of the land appears that this land is not for building ,do I need to pay the stamp duty ? The land is non resident
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question.

You will certainly have to pay the Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) if the consideration is over 125K. However, I suspect that your query actually relates to the SDLT surcharge. This measure is intended to discourage multiple home ownership world wide, but as you have none, a mere land holding does not count, then it will not apply in your case.

I do hope that I have been able to set your mind at rest on this matter.