ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

After checking my credit file in April I noticed a CCJ

Customer Question

After checking my credit file in April I noticed a CCJ registered against me made some enquiries and it was a credit card debt dating back to 2004. I applied for a N244 to have the judgement set aside as I had no correspondence and also the debt was very old. I contacted the debt collectors who where working on behalf of the credit card company they then sent me an admission form that I had filled out admitting to the debt in 2015. I honestly cannot remember doing this but I must have done it as it was signed by myself. I now have my hearing on 11th June so now with this new evidence they have sent, I m unsure how to defend?
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 6 months ago.

I take it you definitely signed this form? Can you afford to pay the debt?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it was signed in 2015. No I can t afford to pay at the moment, but I could raise the money but was more concerned regarding the CCJ being on my file for 6 years it was only registered August 2017

My thought was that if you could pay the debt they might agree to withdraw the CCJ and convert it into a Tomlin Order which is not registered and it is worth giving them a call to see if they would agree to that. Happy to discuss and please remember to rate 4 or 5 stars