How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34882
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

After checking my credit file in April I noticed a CCJ

Customer Question

After checking my credit file in April I noticed a CCJ registered against me made some enquiries and it was a credit card debt dating back to 2004. I applied for a N244 to have the judgement set aside as I had no correspondence and also the debt was very old. I contacted the debt collectors who where working on behalf of the credit card company they then sent me an admission form that I had filled out admitting to the debt in 2015. I honestly cannot remember doing this but I must have done it as it was signed by myself. I now have my hearing on 11th June so now with this new evidence they have sent, I m unsure how to defend?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 8 months ago.

I take it you definitely signed this form? Can you afford to pay the debt?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it was signed in 2015. No I can t afford to pay at the moment, but I could raise the money but was more concerned regarding the CCJ being on my file for 6 years it was only registered August 2017
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 8 months ago.

My thought was that if you could pay the debt they might agree to withdraw the CCJ and convert it into a Tomlin Order which is not registered and it is worth giving them a call to see if they would agree to that. Happy to discuss and please remember to rate 4 or 5 stars