12826847

My brother is a self-made millionaire, I run a successful

Customer Question

My brother is a self-made millionaire, I run a successful business too and have a very healthy personal and business account balance, a cash deposit to put on a house, an excellent credit rating, I own half a house outright yet I can't get the mortgage I need to buy a family home to move into as I've split up with the father of my children. For some reason, the maximum amount I can borrow is £40k short of what I need. This is frustrating because I know I can afford 3x the monthly payments if necessary! The solicitors have already made an offer based on the mortgage in principle, everything's hanging on it's completion. Is there anything I can do to raise the money to make up the deficit and quickly? Could my brother apply for the mortgage on my behalf?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 2 months ago.

Hello for clarification - what is the reason they are giving for not giving you the mortgage?

does your ex have a bad credit rating?