Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I’m a British citizen and from Ipswich I booked flight

I’m a British citizen and from Ipswich I booked flight tickets for summer holiday for my wife and 3 children aged 12- 10 and 7 years old with Ariana travel in London on 19 March 2018 after the March my feeled sick then she tested, she was pregnant, on 17 April I called to travel to cancel the flight unfortunately they answered and said the Turkish air line no agree with cancellation and said they want lmprove reasons for cancellation , I called surgery and midwife thy sent me letter to cancel the flight for the complication reasons ( clots , high blood pressure , 6 months pregnancy on departure time, 8 months pregnancy which is no allowed to flying on the return time ) I sent letter to Turkish airline head office then they sent me email and said sorry and I need your help and advice . I,ve got all letters and emails . From - Ghulam Bawar

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Did you have travel insurance? Was the booking one which could be cancelled or was it advance only?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’ve got worldwide travel insurance

Have you claimed off your insurance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

Ok - you should do that. It may cover you.

If not and the flight you booked is a cheap one (ie one which can not be changed) then sadly you are not entitled to a refund.

But I would claim off your holiday insurance - that should cover you, unless it is excluded.

If not I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. If you need more help, you can ask follow up questions for free and I would be delighted to assist. Thanks!