Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am intending to apply to the Small Claims Court for

Customer Question

Hi, I am intending to apply to the Small Claims Court for reimbursement for damages to my land and fencing caused by an ex equestrian tenant. Evidence for this claim was supplied to him. His father in law has now instructed his business company solicitors, who are asking me to supply them with the evidence. Do I have to do this and continue to deal with them, even though their client has the evidence, or can I get on and make a claim as this is dragging on and on and they are clearing prevaricating and denying he is liable.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

How much are you claiming?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just over £5000. I have run my business for 22 years and used this court system 3 times with success each time.

Ok - at this stage you do not have to provide evidence.

When its allocated to a small claim you have to provide evidence 14 days before the hearing.

So no, you do not need to provide it now.

You can provide it 14 days before any trial.

If not I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. If you need more help, you can ask follow up questions for free and I would be delighted to assist. Thanks!

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.