12826847

I AM 76 YEARS OLD MY WIFE IS 73 ON THE 22ND OF MARCH WE WERE

Customer Question

I AM 76 YEARS OLD MY WIFE IS 73 ON THE 22ND OF MARCH WE WERE ARRESTED AT 6,30 AM AND TAKEN TO A POLICE STATION. INFORMED THAT OUR DAUGHTER HAD MADE ACCUSATIONS AGAINST ME OF HISTORIC RAPE DATING BACK 40 TO FIFTY YEARS AGO AND MY WIFE OF CHILD NEGLECT. WE WHERE LOCKED IN CELLS FOR MANY HOURS, AFTER BEING TOLD THAT A SOLICITOR WOULD BE PROVIDED AN INTERVIEW WAS HELD AND THE SO CALLED LAWYER TOLD US TO RESPOND BY ANSWERING NO COMMENT TO ALL THE ACCUSATIONS. WE HAVE SINCE FOUND OUT THAT THE SO CALLED SOLICITOR WAS NOT A FULLY QUALIFIED PERSON BUT AN AGENT ACTING ON BEHALF OF A LAW FIRM AND BY INSTRUCTING US TO ANSWER NO COMMENT WE CAN NO LONGER GIVE OUR SIDE OF THE CASE. WE HAVE SINCE CONTACTED A LOCAL LAW FIRM BUT AS WE ARE PENSIONERS WITH NO OR LITTLE FUNDS AND NO KNOWLEDGE OF LEGAL MATTERS CAN YOU PLEASE HELP
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Would you mind turning your caps lock off? It is very hard to read.

What would you like to know about this ?

Most legal advisors at a police station are police station reps and they are usually vastly better than solicitors who rarely go to the station.

No comment was absolutely the right thing to do.