Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Today, I have been talked into divulging my credit card

Today, I have been talked into divulging my credit card details for £250 to go to 10Trading.com for a financial trading purpose. I am told the amount has been successfully taken out and I am now registered with them to trade. However, to confirm that I need to send in certain documents for verification of my person, address, credit card and the Declaration of Deposit with my signature. My question is - if I do not want this to go ahead, can I just withhold the requested information with my notification to them of my wish and request that the amount of funds be returned to me? Kindly answer, please. Thank you.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

I assume this was online or over the phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Over the phone

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf

and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

If not I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. If you need more help, you can ask follow up questions for free and I would be delighted to assist. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have just now been speaking with my broker at 10trading.com and he agreed that I can have my account frozen until such time when my identification documents reach him for the withdrawal. So as it is now, I do not need further help from the Solicitor.

You want a call?