How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32426
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I'm working as a subcontractor through an agency as a paint

Customer Question

Hi, I'm working as a subcontractor through an agency as a paint sprayer and have declared I have copd. I was asked to provide a letter from my gp stating I was fit for work before I was allowed on site. I did this and started work. I have now been told I am not allowed on site untill I have an occupational health risk assessment done. I have contacted various places to have this done to be told I need a referral from the organisation, they are saying I need to arrange this myself. In the meantime I'm off work and loosing money as I only get paid for the hours I work being a subcontractor. Could you please advise where I stand with this.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 months ago.

How long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I started last Wednesday, wasn't allowed on site Thursday. Was allowed back Friday and worked Sunday also then wasn't allowed back yesterday.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have phoned various hospitals as advised to have this assessment done to be told every time that the organisation should have a private organisation they should use and I need to be referred by the the company. The company are telling me that I need to arrange to have this done myself so this is now a stalemate situation. I'm not refusing to have this test but I need a referral which the company aren't understanding.