F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I am a 76 year old male who is hard of hearing. my wife and

Customer Question

i am a 76 year old male who is hard of hearing . my wife and i went on holiday n the 2nd of June to troon scotland. when we went to pick up the keys to our holiday home in troon , we found it was unavailable. the owner said that he had informed holiday lets that he was taking it of of the market 6 months ago . he then phoned holiday lets and told them to sort me out .i had great difficulty understanding what the were saying , because of their Indian accents . eventually at about .6 o clock i got an e-mail from them offering another place. but the signal was very bad so i could not open the e-mail. i then phoned them back.. they ave me a phone no to ring them but it was unobtainable. by this time my batteries had expired .we stayed at my wife's sister . then drove back down to England the next day. i spent £75 on diesel . they refused to pay for a hotel .at this moment in time £469 45 has been refunded . £100 damage deposit has just been refunded today . regards ***** *****
Expert:  F E Smith replied 2 months ago.

Hello for clarification - so had he tried to contact you to tell you the property was no longer available?

was this a private rental or through an agent?

you have been refunded £469.45? what was the total for the rental?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
163;579
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have just paid £47. That is day light robbery. You are as bad as holiday let's refund my money

I presume that you have had an offer of a telephone call. It’s optional extra, you don’t have to take it up.

Do you want me to deal with this or are you asking for a refund?

I’m happy to deal with it for you but I need to know exactly what it is that you want to achieve bearing in mind it appears that you paid £579 and you offered £569 back, albeit that you spent time and money in getting there and back and didn’t get the break that you were expecting.

I would need some more information from you before proceeding or I’m happy to refer back to admin as you wish.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I want expenses +money for stress
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Obviously you are more interested in the money I WANT MINE BACK???.