F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I am having an extension built to the rear of my property.

Customer Question

The builder will need to work on my neighbour's side of the boundary where there is a paved footpath.
My neighbour is refusing to allow the builder to work on her side so my building has stopped.
This is creating extra financial loss as the delay is adding hours to the builders time.
Is there any action I can take to speed this up and get my extension built. ?
Brian
Expert:  F E Smith replied 2 months ago.

Hello for clarification - what has she said and do you know why?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She has just put her foot down saying she will not allow me or my men on her property. She is well known in the road for a bad attitude.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please cancel phone call
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please cancel this request for information it has been answered by CAB please stop any payments.

There’s no problem at all cancelling the telephone call.

I presume that the Citizens Advice have advised you that you potentially have the right access next door under the provisions of the Party Wall Act but that you have no right to access next door under the Access to Neighbouring Land Act because this is new work and not maintenance of your property.

There’s no need to reply as a matter of course otherwise the question comes back into my inbox because it thinks that you are waiting for a response.