12826847

Morning. I am currently attempting a refund of digital goods

Customer Question

Morning.
I am currently attempting a refund of digital goods - but the vendor is claiming that returns are exempt.
I have looked at their terms and conditions (https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US/tos) and it clearly states "OR AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW", which I believe my consumer rights (1993?) covers.
Can you inform me of;
a) the appropriate course of action (which I believe is sending them a letter of intent)
b) the cost of taking the issue to small claims court for a silly value of £50
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What type of digital goods exactly are we talking about?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is labelled as "Deluxe Founders pack" and it is basically a game unlock, which allows for access into an early access version of their PVE mode.

Thanks, ***** ***** based in the UK and are you referring to UK consumer legislation?