Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I had garden office installed and the finished work is

Customer Question

I had garden office installed and the finished work is really bad. There is problem with plasterboards inside, Walls outside don't allign and there are cracks in wood panels plus the doors don't allign correctly. I contact seller (installer) and he won't correct that works.
What can i do?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

How long ago was the work completed and what reason has he provided for not wanting to rectify the work?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The garden office was erected on Thursday, Lock was istalled on friday and On Friday I contacted them with my issues. They said everything is as it should be but i have pictures and videos to prove otherwise
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
can you advise what i can do?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

OK thank you for your response. Leave it with me for now and I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you as soon as I can. Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience. When a person enters into a contract for work and materials, where the main focus is labour and skill, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says that the work must be carried out with reasonable care and skill (to the same standard as any reasonably competent person in that trade or profession).

In addition, any information exchanged in communications between the parties, whether written or verbal, is binding if the consumer relies on it. This will include quotations and any promises about timescales or the results to be achieved.

If there are problems with any of the above, the customer will have certain rights. In the case of substandard work - the trader should either redo the parts of the work which are inadequate or perform the whole service again at no extra cost to the customer. This must be done within a reasonable time and without causing significant inconvenience. If this is not possible, you can claim a price reduction, based on the severity of the issues. If they simply refuse to resolve the issues, you can consider getting someone else to rectify the issues and either deduct these costs from the total owed to the original trader, or pursue them for any extra costs that have been incurred.

Please take a quick second to leave a positive rating for the service so far by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars above. I can continue answering follow up questions and in particular can also discuss what you need to do if you had to take this further officially. There is no extra cost for this - leaving your rating now will not close the question and means we can still continue this discussion. Thank you