Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

We had a credit account between our business and other

Customer Question

Hi we had a credit account between our business and other company, we owed them £ 5000, but I had used my personal debit card in the past to buy goods, they have gone through every card we have ever used with them and managed to get the money on my own personal debit card . there terms and conditions were clearly set up between business accounts. Are they allowed to just take the money from my personal account ?Many thanksCaroline
Expert:  Alex J. replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Unless you personally guaranteed the funds on behalf of the company, no they are not allowed to take a debt the company owes from your personal card. Are they refusing to return the money? Are they authorised to process card payments?